Wednesday, August 26, 2015

You know you want an awesome shirt

I've got a new favorite shirt. It boldly declares that I'm not the best mom or the worst mom, but I'm the okeyest mom. I don't feed my kids an exclusive diet of processed junk (though somedays that's ALL the boys will eat) but I don't do the home cooked meals from scratch with lots of fruits and veggies every day. I don't do craft projects and science experiments with them, but I don't just ignore them all day every day either. I do the best I can and that makes me okay.

You can get your own shirt now, and declare that you, too, are an okeyest mom. I think there's more of us than of the Pinterest lunch/activity/outing/etc moms that make us roll our eyes or feel bad about ourselves.

Even better than letting teachers and strangers know what to expect from you, some of the proceeds go to moms in need, whether because they or their kids are sick or things are just difficult right now. We are among that group of moms this time. I'm super excited to get another shirt, and am so grateful for whatever amount we'll get from the orders. Even though Eden is doing so well, there are still medical expenses we have to cover...and the Synegis shots are coming up next month again. We'll have to fight with the insurance again, I'm sure.

So order a shirt! It's for a great cause and is a great way to let people know what kind of mom you are. And if you're a man, maybe order one for the mom in your life. :-)

World's Okeyest Mom Shirt


No comments:

Post a Comment