Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tali’s Table Freezer Cooking

Tali’s Table Freezer Cooking

Sides

Perini’s Hominy Casserole – Small: $7.50 Large: $10.00
Cheesy hominy casserole with green chilies and bacon.

Breads

Sour Cream Cornbread - $5/$7.50
Yummy cornbread. Pairs perfectly with the beef chili
Garlic Bread $5
Loaf of grocery store French bread cut lengthwise and spread generously with butter then sprinkled with seasonings and cheese
Assorted Bread - $5
I can make a variety of breads from scratch. The most popular ones are Garlic Parmesan, Peasant, Italian, French Honey, and English Muffin.

Dessert

Apple Pie Filling - $5/$7.50
My grandmother’s recipe. So delicious. Lower price is for filling only, higher price is full pie
Texas Sheet Cake - $7.50/$10
Delicious chocolate cake topped with chocolate icing (all homemade) that’s kind of a cross between brownies and cake.
Crumb Cake - $7.50/$10
Yummy white cake with a cinnamon crumb topping. Similar in texture to a dense coffee cake.

Breakfast

Cinnamon Bread Souffle – $12.50/$10
Very similar in taste and texture to bread pudding. Cinnamon bread with a cream cheese topping.
Bacon and Egg Strata – $10/$7.50
Bacon, eggs, cheese, milk, and bread.

Drinks

Lemonade Concentrate - $5/quart
Homemade lemonade without all the squeezing

Chicken

Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti – $15/$10
The classic favorite with all real ingredients. No Velveeta, no cream soups.
White Chicken Chili - $5/quart
Made with home cooked, seasoned chicken, beans, chilies, and seasonings, delicious.
Chicken Tetrazzini - $12.50/$20
Creamy pasta dish made with home cooked, seasoned chicken, peas, and lots of cheese and cream.
Chicken Bacon Alfredo - $12.50/$20
Rich creamy dish made with artichokes, bacon, home cooked, seasoned chicken, and Alfredo sauce (Please note: Alfredo does have a tendency to separate a little when frozen. It still tastes good.)
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas - $7.50/$10
Home cooked seasoned chicken, chilies, lots of cheese, sour cream, flour tortillas
Garlic Bread Chicken Nuggets - $7.50/$10
Crunchy chicken nuggets in a yummy garlic breading. Frozen raw for cooking at time of serving.
Parmesan Garlic Chicken - $10/$12.50
Chicken with parmesan, garlic, and Italian herbs and spices. Frozen raw for cooking at time of serving.
Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken - $7.50/$10
Chicken with lots of garlic and pepper and a subtle tang of lemon. Frozen raw for cooking at time of serving.
Rosemary Garlic Chicken - $7.50/$10
Rosemary and garlic are a great combo with this chicken. Frozen raw for cooking at time of serving.
Kick’n Chicken - $7.50/$10
Special seasoning blend from Sam’s. Frozen raw for cooking at time of serving.
Garlic Herb Chicken - $7.50/$10
Special seasoning blend from Sam’s. Frozen raw for cooking at time of serving.
Ranch Chicken Fingers - $7.50/$10
Crunchy chicken fingers with a nice ranch flavoring. Frozen raw for cooking at time of serving.

Beef

Beef Stew – $7.50/quart
Yummy stew meat cooked long and slow. You add veggies upon serving.
Beef Chili - $5/quart
Beefy chili with lots of tomatoes and seasonings. Mild so you can make it as spicy as you can handle.
Telluride Black Bean Bake - $7.50/$10
Slightly spicy beef and tomato sauce over tortillas spread with chilies and cream cheese.
Spaghetti Sauce - $7.50/quart
The Tucker-Walke-Mullins spaghetti meat sauce. It’s never the same twice but it’s always good.
Meatballs in Sour Cream Sauce - $7.50/$10
Swedish meatballs crossed with beef stroganoff. Cooks in the crock pot. Homemade meatballs.
Baked Spaghetti - $35/$20
Think the love child of spaghetti carbonara, lasagna, and spaghetti with meat sauce.
Daddy’s Favorite Meatloaf - $7.50/$10
Kind of like a hamburger with the fries inside. It’s delicious and will have you coming back for seconds.
Parmesan Meatballs - $7.50/$10
Homemade meatballs with cheese and Italian seasonings. 
Beef Stroganoff - $15/$20
Delicious stroganoff made with sour cream. Mushrooms optional.

Pork

Stromboli - $12.50
Typically made with Italian sausage and pepperoni, but you can pick other fillings if you’d like.
Ham and Cheese Sandwiches – $2/each
Ham and Cheese poppy seed sandwiches. Perfect for a lunch on the go. Individually wrapped and sold.
Muffalettas – $3.50/each
Ciabatta bun layered with olive salad, salami, turkey, provolone, and Swiss and topped with honey mustard.
Slow Cooker Parmesan Pork Loin - $12.50/$15

Pork loin in a marinade of soy, honey, herbs, and Parmesan to be cooked in a crock-pot. Frozen raw. 

Meat Free

Marinara - $5/quart
Homemade marinara. Onions, tomatoes, garlic, lots of spices.
Pesto - $5/pint
Fresh basil, lots of garlic and Parmesan. No pine nuts.
Stuffed Shells - $7.50/$10
Ricotta and Parmesan filling. Typically I use manicotti shells. Topped with some of the homemade marinara.

A small serving will typically feed 2-4, depending on appetite (it feeds our family just fine with very few leftovers). A large will serve a minimum of 6, up to 10 on some dishes. I cook with whole fat ingredients (real cream, regular cream cheese and sour cream and cheeses, etc) and I buy meats and cheeses in bulk whenever possible. All of the above have been tried and approved by my family. If there’s something you’d like to see, let me know and I’ll find a recipe and give it a shot! If you want me to pick up the extras to make a complete meal (pasta for sauces, bag of frozen broccoli or some rice, etc) I’m happy to do so at cost.

I know the prices seem a little high for some things, but nearly everything is homemade. I used canned tomatoes and canned beans, but I buy all raw meats and they’re expensive these days. I do it all myself in my home kitchen and keep it in one of my three home freezers, two which are part of a refrigerator. If you want to provide some of the ingredients, I’ll definitely give you a discount (I know some people who prefer venison to beef as its essentially free, and others who have their own bountiful amounts of veggies and fresh herbs). If you have any questions or have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, let me know and I’ll see if I can make something work for you. I have lots more recipes that I haven’t tried but am definitely willing to give a shot for anyone who’s interested. I’ve got two cookbooks full of recipes and if you’d like to look through them, just let me know. I’ll have to price ingredients, but that shouldn’t take very long.

Freezer cooking has been a tremendous thing for my family. I hate cooking and never would think ahead to make sure I had all the ingredients I needed, so we frequently ate fast food or sandwiches (when we had the right fixings) or lots of frozen mass produced entrees. Freezer cooking means I just have to sit down on Saturday or Sunday and plan out about four meals for the coming week (the other days are leftovers or someone else cooking) and get those dishes out of the freezer and put them in the fridge to thaw. Then figure out a side for each meal and put that on my grocery list, if needed. Day of, everything is there and ready to go. I know so many people who are so busy with their daily lives because of work and children and this is something I’d recommend to everyone. And if you don’t have the time, I’m happy to do it for you.


I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment