Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Then I got pelted with shoes.

Mom moved on Saturday. Five burly bikers and two young men and me all showed up early to help Mom and Bob with the big moving of furniture and remaining boxes. We worked for 12 hours (I left after 11) and the end result is that Mom and Bob have a house full of furniture and boxes...and there's still some that got left behind because we ran out of time.

I think the job was bigger than anticipated. Certain things weren't as well communicated as they could have been, so there's still quite a bit to move and do, which makes everything interesting. Since Mom's not fully out, and won't be for a while, our move has been postponed to a date to be determined. First, Mom needs to make arrangements for what's left, and she's pretty busy most of the week so that'll take a little time to do. After that, we can proceed.

The hope was for our family to be in before the end of the school year so I'd have a few days with no kids underfoot to work on unpacking and settling in and decorating. I'm thinking it'll be sometime in the summer before we're actually moved, so I'll have to get creative with child distractions. Hopefully we can have a safe room with a tv and toys for them.

Then, yesterday, Caleb had to have surgery to remove a ruptured appendix. He was in pain starting early in the afternoon on Sunday and it just lingered until he ended up in the ER (for the second time in two days) yesterday morning and in surgery last night at 7. He's doing better and will be there for a couple of days recuperating.

Then today, I called the doctor in Dallas to confirm a couple of things before the appointment in a week and they told me that he does NOT have privileges at Children's. So now I'm trying to work that out and figure out what happened.

I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment